Why is it important to wear sunscreen everyday?
Sunscreen is one of those god sent skin care products which keeps our skin looking healthy and young. It saves our skin from cancer, caused by UV rays. These UV rays, if not blocked, are absorbed by our skin and cause all types of damages to it.
At the expense of sounding like your mother or doctor, I would suggest that you wear sunscreen when going out or even when you are at home.
To be very frank I was never fan of sunscreen to begin with because of its stickiness and that infamous white glow it used to leave on the face. But those days are long gone, now you can get them in any form you want.
If you are confused which one to pick for yourself then you actually can't just be wrong these days. But still I will throw my two cents in:
1. Choose a sunscreen that offers broad-spectrum protection. What that means is that it will save you from UVA and UVB both.
2. SPF should be 15 to 30, actually higher the better.
3. Water resistance, this means how long sunscreen remains effective when you come in contact with water.
How should you apply sunscreen?
1. Generously apply sunscreen on all the body parts which are not covered by clothes.
2. Reapply after 2 hours under normal circumstances. However, if you are swimming or sweating you may need to reapply at a shorter duration.
If you have kids, you should also cover their unprotected skin with sunscreen however it is advisable that you read the label of the sunscreen lotion so see if there is any instruction by the manufacturer when it comes to kids. Generally most of the sunscreen can be applied to anyone older than 6 months but it doesn't harm to cross check.
Don't ignore sunscreen now if you don't want to regret later.
Click here for our suggested sunscreen.